2007年12月20日木曜日

6th essay: Leaning with computer

It’s my thought about writing III IV

Introduction

I have writing class in second period of Wednesday from this year. Learn English with using computer is class style. I learn English with writing my own blog. This is first time to write a blog. So, it is very fresh for me. Mr. Beaufait is my writing teacher. He is very funny man. He is always singing. So, I could study English with joy.

Before writing III

Writing class is always same in my experience. The class style are always memorizing a compound word, memorizing a phrase, memorizing an idiom or practicing English composition earnestly. Those styles were my view about writing class too. And also I used computer not often. I did not have my own computer. So, the time when I touch computer was very short and few times. But this class started, this class was good reason for me to have my own computer. It was good chance to have a computer. I bought my computer in this summer.

During writing III IV

Writing

I think that I could raise my writing skills though this writing class. Because of I keep writing blog posts. It is maybe not correct sentence. And it is not so long. But I think that keep writing is good for raising writing skills. It makes English brain. I could write a blog post without concerning grammar so much. I think it is not so good but not so bad. Sometimes, it is necessary. And there are some essay assignments. I wrote some essays. It is very good to raise my writing skills. I thought outline of essay and I wrote it. It is like Japanese composition. It took little long time to write, but it is very good exercise for me. I didn’t keep practice writing before this class started. So, blog is very good place to practice writing.

Spelling

My spelling is not so good. Sometime I can’t remember the correct spell. But there is nice function in the computer. The blog site that I using is ‘Blogger’. There is a useful function, ‘spell check’ in blog functions. I used that to correct my spell. And when I write long composition such as essay assignment, I used ‘Microsoft Word’. ‘Microsoft Word’ is very useful too. It corrects my wrong spells automatically. Or, it tells me wrong with red under line. It is very helpful. But I must learn correct spelling by myself. Because of there is no useful function like this in real life.

Reading

I read English book through this class. We had to read one English book a week at least and write book review on own blog. I didn’t read English books in my daily life. So, it is good chance to read it. I read 32 books in this year. It was not difficult for me. The levels are suits my level. So, I could keep reading.

Typing

I practiced typing. There were typing speed trials in class. The aim was 100 words in 5 minutes in spring semester. Typing 150 words in 5 minutes was the aim in this semester. I could pass spring semester, but I didn’t clear this semester. It is so difficult. I have to practice more. But I think I could raise my typing skill certainly. I didn’t touch computer much times before this class started. So, it was good motivation to raise my typing speed.

Grammar

I wrote blog posts without considering grammar same as spelling. But ‘Microsoft Word’ tells me grammar wrong with green under line same as spelling. It is so helpful too. But I don’t think I could learn correct grammar in this class. Computer just warns me wrong. It doesn’t correct my grammar. But I used dictionary when I write essays. It is good to learn grammar. I have to study harder by myself about grammar.

Using computer

There were a lot of chances in this year due to this class. I think it is good thing. Because of using computer is necessary in now society. As I wrote, this class became good chance to have my own computer. That was very good and big for me. If the class style isn’t like this, I would not buy my own computer. I could learn how to use computer with joy through this class.

After writing IV

After writing IV, I want to keep writing blog in my free time. It is good practice to write English. And I want keep practicing typing. I want to raise my typing speed. I think there are many times to use computer in recently job. I want to make good use of my skills I got through this class in my future.

Conclusion

I could learn some good things that I can’t learn through normal English writing class. I was very anxiety at first. But it is good experience for me. I could get important skill through this class.


[801 words]

0 件のコメント: